Download PDF Version
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada, May. 2018 – present
- Ph.D in Cheriton School of Computer Science
- Research Area: HCI – Input technology
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Aug. 2012 – Jul. 2014
- M.S. in Graduate Institute of Networking and Multimedia
- Thesis: On Generating Vehicle Surrounding Images Based on Depth-Adaptive 3D Model [pdf]
National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Sep. 2008 – Jun. 2012
- B.S. in Computer Science and Information Engineering
University of Delaware, Newark, DE, Aug. 2011 – Dec. 2011
- Exchange student in Computer and Information Science
Selected Research Experience
Human-Computer Interaction lab, University of Waterloo, Advisor: Dr. Daniel Vogel
Mobile Input Technology, Jun. 2018 – present
- Study the input technology of mobile devices.
IMLab, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, Advisor: Dr. Yi-Ping Hung
Driver Assistance System, Jan. 2013 – Jul. 2014
- Develop a real-time vehicle surrounding monitoring system that can assist drivers to perceive the vehicle surrounding situations in third-person viewpoints.
- Synthesize the vehicle surrounding images based on multiple perspective corrected images.
- Integrate depth information to solve ghost eﬀect and image distortion.
Touchsense, Aug. 2013 – Dec. 2013
- Provide additional touchscreen input vocabulary by distinguishing the contact areas of ﬁnger pads on the touchscreen.
- Develop a smart watch prototype using inertial measurement sensors.
- Collect user feedback via an explorative study.
I-m-cave, Nov. 2013 – Mar. 2014
- Develop a multi-touch tabletop system for virtual tours of Mogao Caves.
- Design interactive interface that allows users to explore every corner of Mogao Caves and restore digital artifacts.
Studio TiX, London, Collaboration: Yen-Ting Cho, Yen-Ling Kuo
MovIPrint, Jan. 2017 – present
- Propose a framework that encodes full body movement into fabricable models.
- Create organic and unexpected crafts using existing fabrication methods, including 2D textile print, animation, modular design, laser cutting, CNC milling, and 3D printing.
MovISee, Mar. 2012 – present
- Propose a system to recreate information and explore personal creativity.
- Create mixed reality for people to explore the selected information and ultimately transform their understanding of their body movement to create composite customized visual outputs.
- Demos available at http://movisee.com.
Software Engineer, Garmin, Taiwan, Oct. 2014 – Mar. 2018
- Develop the software of GPS running watch and bike computers.
- Improve the ﬁtness training algorithm based on signal processing.
- Use the ANT+ wireless protocol to connect devices with sensors and display sensor information.
- Collaborate with software and electronic engineers to achieve mass production.
Administrative Assistant, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, Sep. 2012 – Jun. 2014
- Organize activities and support foreign students in department.
- Assist in foreign guests’ visits or international seminars.
HONORS AND AWARDS
First Place, 12th Mobile Heroes, Taiwan, 2013
- With HTC Corporation Award and Qualcomm Corporation Award.
First Place, 8th Utechzone Machine Vision Prize, Taiwan, 2013
- With Facial Expression Recognition Champion and Face Recognition Champion.
Dean’s list, University of Deleware, DE, 2011
- In recognition of scholastic excellence at University of Delaware.
- Programming language: C/C++, JAVA, Matlab,
- Tools and Libraries: Processing, OpenFramework, OpenCV, OpenGL, CGAL, OpenNI,
- Hardware Platforms: Kinect, Arduino.